Dr. Jeffrey Teuteberg is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Heart and Vascular Institute, Heart Failure/Transplantation, at the University of Pittsburgh, and the Medical Director for Advanced Heart Failure. Dr. Teuteberg joined the Cardiovascular Institute in 2004 after completing his training in Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. He graduated from the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine in 1992 and remained at the University of Chicago for his Internal Medicine Residency and General Cardiovascular Fellowship, during which he spent a year as the Chief Medical Resident.
Dr. Teuteberg’s research interests include ventricular assist devices, and cardiac transplantation. Currently, he is involved with several multi-center protocols, namely:
- MEDAMACS (NHLBI)
- HeartWare Destination Therapy (HeartWare)
- REVIVE-IT (NHLBI)
- OAR – Gene expression profiling registry (CareDx)
Dr. Teuteberg is a member of the following professional organizations and societies:
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation – where he serves on the Board
- American Society of Transplantation – where he is Chair of the Thoracic Community of Practice
- American Heart Association
- American College of Cardiology
- Heart Failure Society of America
Dr. Teuteberg is on the editorial board of the Journal of Cardiac Failure and is a reviewer for numerous publications, including the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, Circulation, Circulation: HF, amongst others.
View a list of Dr. Teuteberg’s publications here.
Dr. Jeffrey J. Teuteberg
Phone: (412) 647-7168